Clif Bar has a Nutrition Education Hub is filled with a variety of resources to help you discover easy ways to eat with nutrition and sustainability in mind. With actionable guidance, tips and tricks, and answers to your tough questions by their team of dietitians and expert advisors. Thoughtful choices about the foods we eat can support our health, the health of the planet, and the health of generations to follow.
Some Examples on their website include:
- Webinar – Dietitians Driving Change: Navigating Healthy, Sustainable Diets (1 CEU) – Join registered dietitians Sharon Palmer and Clancy Cash Harrison to learn why sustainability should be a core part of every dietitian’s toolkit. Learn how to evaluate the environmental and socioeconomic impacts of food choices, and what you can do to lead the charge in making healthy, sustainable diets more accessible.
- Webinar – Behind the Label: Sustainability Seals and Certification (1 CEU) – Third-party sustainability seals and certifications provide verified guidance allowing consumers to identify sustainable options more easily. This webinar provides an overview of commonly used seals and certifications and the criteria they represent. Dietitians can learn key strategies to help their clients make informed choices that can positively impact their health, the planet and the lives of the people who grow and make our food.
- Article – Everything You Need To Know About Healthy, Sustainable Eating. By Kate Geagan, MS, RD, Clif Nutrition Advisory Council member. Clif Bar & Company recently brought together 20 leading voices in health and wellness (including registered dietitians) to talk about sustainable nutrition. And while each shared their unique perspective based on personal experiences and passions, common themes emerged when it came down to what constitutes a healthy, sustainable diet (and, just as importantly, how to put it into practice). One key takeaway? Good food has the power to nourish so much more than our bodies. Read on to learn more about what these influential voices had to say, including the “what”, “why” and “how” of healthy, sustainable eating made easy.
- Article – How to Eat Well for People and the Planet – Food has the power to do more than fuel us. Thoughtful choices about the foods we choose can positively impact our health, the health of the planet, and the health of generations to follow. Clif Bar & Company asked 20 leading voices in health and wellness, including registered dietitians what it means to eat a healthy, sustainable diet. Here’s what they said.
- Article – Packaging with Purpose – Our Commitment to Sustainable Packaging – Clif Bar has proudly signed the Ellen MacArthur Foundation Global Commitment to help create a world where plastic never becomes waste or pollution.That means, by 2025, 100% of their packaging will be reusable, recyclable, or compostable. See the link for more of the commitments that you can promote and encourage as well.
- Article – Making it Better with Organic – At Clif Bar, our journey to use organic ingredients started in 2003. Since then, we’ve maintained our commitment to organic and use a majority of organic ingredients in our products. We’ve learned along the journey that organic can be a catalyst for good. It’s key to creating a healthier, more just, and sustainable food system for all of us, and organic food connects people to a healthy planet.
Transparency | Diversity | Dynamism | Evidence-based |