At a Glance
- We are an international group of collaborating dietetic educator who share our stories about integrating sustainable food systems into nutrition and dietetic curriculum.
- Dietetic educators are being called to prepare future dietitians and nutritionists to contribute to SFS transformation.
- Dietetic educators integrating Sustainable Food Systems (SFS) education into the curriculum have shared examples.
- An online platform for sharing examples serves as a series of mini case studies
In preparation for a workshop at the World Public Health Nutrition Congress 2020, subsequently postponed due to COVID-19, an international group of collaborating dietetic educator shared their stories about integrating sustainable food systems into nutrition and dietetic curriculum. In lieu of a face-to-face workshop at the Congress, facilitators have created the online platform.
This content was put together to showcase effective mechanisms and innovative approaches through international case studies which aim to improve food system competency among students and describe how this may translate into improved outcomes.
In the link you will see that each workshop facilitator has a profile, inclusive of an explanation (video or otherwise) of their showcased teaching and learning activity as described above.
Food for Thought
- If you are an educator training future nutrition and dietetic professionals, are you already including sustainable food systems content in the courses that you teach? — If yes, how and what? If not, why not?
- Do any of the examples included provoke new ideas for you? — Could they be adapted to your setting?
- Is/should this topic integrated into the core content of your program, or is/should this an elective/optional topic
We welcome you to join us!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (in Australia) if you would like to be added to the platform or if you have questions.
If you have questions for any of the educators, their contact is included in the web platform.
Please contact them directly.